Friday, October 11, 2013

LIFE DRAWING

te tuhi has a life drawing group that meets every 2nd Monday. Caroline and I decided we would check it out .........................
Frank by Caroline Griffin 2013
This lovely group is inviting to newcomers and Caroline and I discussed how therapeutic and meditative it is being there. After both of us initially relaxing into it and letting go of all the days hustle and bustle we both managed to produce something we were a little bit happy with, although I think this one of Caroline's is a great likeness unlike my own.

Frank by S Walker-Holt 2013
If anyone else is interested the group is self directed. It is best you have done life drawing before so you understand the etiquette and have enough confidence in your own drawing skills. There is a charge of $15 to cover the cost of the room and the model, plus they give you a cuppa and home baking half way through, it was yum. There is no commitment you just go when you can make it. 

Caroline and I highly recommend it, I haven't done any life drawing for years and it has always challenged my drawing skills so I was a little apprehensive about going but I truly enjoyed it.

The next life drawing is; 
Monday  21 Oct 
7.30 - 9pm
at te tuhi 
13 Reeves Rd 
Pakaranga